As holders of the Certified Financial Planner™ or CFP® certification, our financial advisors adhere to the Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility established by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (“CFP Board”). As Certified Financial Planner™ professionals, we:
- Provide professional services with integrity.
- Provide professional services objectively.
- Maintain the knowledge and skill necessary to provide professional services competently.
- Are fair and reasonable in all professional relationships.
- Disclose conflicts of interest.
- Protect the confidentiality of all client information.
- Act in a manner that demonstrates exemplary professional conduct.
- Provide professional services diligently.
(This language is from CFP Board’s website. Read the code in its entirety.)
As a Securities Exchange Commission Registered Investment Advisory firm*, Pettinga Financial must operate as a fiduciary of your personal financial matters. This means we must act in the best interest of our clients and mitigate or disclose potential conflicts of interest.
*Registration does not imply a level of skill or training.